If you’ve got something important you’d like to share in the form of VIDEOS, here’s what you need to know:
- Video duration: You may make it as short as a commercial (30 seconds), if you can convey your message in that span of time. Otherwise, it should be no longer than 3 minutes (including credits), for the benefit of the short attention-spanned (or the slow internet bandwidth-ed).
- Mandatory elements: At least one line in the video with your key message. Although we want to “subtly” brainwash our readers into better lifestyle choices, we don’t want them feeling like they’re reading the words of a preacher. Don’t proselytize, and avoid sounding overly self-helpy.
- Description: Include a short description about your video, if you’d like to say a little more about it, but don’t exceed 300 words for the benefit of the short attention-spanned.
- Content: You may use videos that you’ve already made previously, provided that it is relevant to Muni content.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We try to give our visitors content about mindful living that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in thought-provoking and action-oriented posts with surprising facts or friendly tips, such as “8 Reasons To Go Veg”, or “Why Buying Local Isn’t Always Good”, or “5 Easy Ways To Cut Costs & Your Carbon Footprint”.
- We love fun facts! Nothing like having some tidbit of knowledge we can drop at our next dinner with friends! Just make sure to check your sources and properly cite them.
- If in doubt about the video you plan to submit, shoot us an email, tweet, or Facebook message and we’ll see if it’s suitable for MUNI.
GUIDELINES FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS:
- Add captions with a question/scenario/statistic about the topic you want your viewers to think about, preferably preceded by a “Muni on this:“.
- In writing your design description, try to use and repeat keyword phrases, which are terms that people search on Google and you want them to find your submission.
Ex. “Conscious Consumption” or “Philippine Indigenous Textiles” or “Yoga & Meditation Retreat”
- If you’re including links in your description, please note them in brackets after the appropriate text, like this [https://www.muni.com.ph]. Please do not hyperlink.
READY? If so, email us the following:
- A YouTube/Vimeo link to your video, description, with a working title. Please send your post description in the body of the e-mail message. (So, if you’re using Word, for example, paste the Word document into your email.), with the subject: [CONTRIBUTE: Post Title]
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted it might require editing, which can include copy, title, and image changes.
- We love connecting with new contributors. If you do not receive acknowledgment within 1 week, try resending your email, or getting in touch with Muni PH via Facebook or Twitter.
- If you’re post is approved, we will be getting additional info from you for your author/contributor bio. Weee! (We love this part where we get to talk about you too.)