MUNI Meetup on Starting A Movement
Date & venue
About the event
As a follow up to our MUNI on This episode on Courage Under Terror, we wanted to find hope and courage, amidst the rage, fear, frustration and near-despair, with news on the anti-terrorism bill and infringement of our rights to free speech.
For this MUNI Meetup, we invite Chuck Baclagon of 350 Pilipinas / 350.org, Krishna Ariola of Youth for Climate Hope, & Issa Barte of Fund The Forest, and you guys to join us for a discussion on how we might encourage individuals and communities to take the action we need to protect our rights and freedoms. We also hope this meetup can help us process our thoughts and feelings on what it is like to be a Filipino in this challenging time.
QUESTIONS WE WANT TO DISCUSS:
- What are lessons we can learn from the past that can help us address this current crisis?
- What can we tangibly do to push the government to do their job better?
- How do we communicate / convince our friends and loved ones to be more politically involved?
- As responsible citizens, what should be our most valuable contribution during this time without sacrificing our safety (both COVID and terror-wise)?
SIGN UP to join this meaningful conversation below.
Everyone is welcome to join, because the protection of our democracy affects us all.
Limited slots available.
NOTE: In the interest of all participant's safety and security, this event will not be livestreamed and will be accessible only to registered attendees.
LEARN MORE ABOUT COURAGE UNDER TERROR
In our latest MUNI on This podcast episode on Courage Under Terror, we asked: how does the anti-terror bill affect our freedoms, and in particular, those who fight to protect our environment and all who live in it? The episode features environmental activists Chuck, Krishna and Issa sharing stories of environmental defenders, and how the Anti-Terrorism Bill impacts them and their work. (You can listen to MUNI on This on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts.)
- MUNI Meetup AccessPHP 0PHP 00PHP 0